“NanoMaterials Ltd.” (Apnano), a cleantech company operating in the field of Nanotechnology, was established in 2002 and after its acquisition in 2013 became a fully owned subsidiary of the leading American company “Nanotech Industrial Solutions, Inc.” (NIS). NanoMaterials specializes in development and production of inorganic, multi-layered nanofullerenes and nanotubes, based on exclusively patented platform technology developed at the Weizmann Institute of Science. These tungsten disulfide (WS2) based nanomaterials opened up new possibilities for developing extreme performance lubricants, coatings and polymer composites. The composition and morphology of these materials create a unique mechanism of friction-induced tribofilm release. The exfoliated nanoparticles attach to working-surfaces, fill in wear crevices and coat working surfaces with a continuous super-lubrication layer. This "surface reconditioning" effect was instrumental in the successful development of NIS’s Corp, award winning NanoLub® family of Extreme Pressure (EP) Anti-Wear (AW) and Anti-Friction (AF) lubrication additives. The Company’s R&D department is involved in extensive research and testing for additional WS2 based applications in the field of lubricants, coatings and polymer composites for such industries as defense, mining and metalworking.Back to Top
NanoMaterials Ltd. is part of Nanotech Industrial Solutions Inc., a US based corporation. NIS’s global corporate office, commercialization R&D lab, manufacturing, blending and packaging facilities are located in Avenel, NJ. Read more…
Meet the Team
- On board since 2013
- MBA, Ben-Gurion university
- B.Sc. Industrial Eng. from The Technion
- Medical devices manufacturing experience
- Vast experience of over 12 years in the IDF logistics command
Dr. Alex Margolin, C.O.O
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science
- M. Sc. from the Russian University of Chemical Engineering. Specialist in synthesis of inorganic fullerene nanoparticles
- On board since 2006
- 20 scientific papers & patents in the field of explosives and nanotechnology.
Itsik Havakuk, VP. Sales & Marketing
- B.A in Economics from The college of management academic studies.
- On board since 2014.
- 7 years of experience in global sales, marketing and general management.
Larissa Drangai, QC Manager & Customer Support
- B.Sc. in Bio-chemistry from the University of Moldova, Kishinev
- On board since 2006
- 12 years' experience in R&D in various industries
Prof. Reshef Tenne, Chief Scientific Advisor
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Chemistry, Hebrew University
- Head of the Department of Materials and Interfaces at WIS
- Director of the Helen and Milton Kimmel Center for Nanoscale Science
- Holder of the Drake Family Chair in Nanotechnology at WIS
- Written more than 250 scientific articles and granted over 20 patents
Product Development Cooperation Program
NanoMaterials encourages cooperation with application developers for the testing and development of applications based on its unique WS₂ nano-powder. These partnerships have already led to product innovation and the discovery of new opportunities.Read More...Back to Top