NanoMaterials Ltd., formerly ApNano – Active Protection NANOmaterials, is a pioneer of inorganic, multi-layered fullerenes. Founded in 2002, NanoMaterials was the first to succeed in the commercial production of inorganic, multi-layered nanofullerenes and nanotubes.
Based on Weizmann Institute of Science patented platform technology, the company’s WS₂-based nanomaterials opened up new possibilities for developing extreme performance lubricants, coatings and polymer composites. These materials feature outstanding extreme temperature (ET) and extreme pressure (EP) properties.
The composition and morphology of these materials creates a unique mechanism of friction induced tribofilm release. The exfoliated nano-particles attach to working surfaces, fill in wear crevices and coat working surfaces with a continuous super-lubrication layer. This “surface reconditioning” effect improves energy efficiency, extends effective operation, and extends machinery and lubricant life.
NanoMaterials has earned international recognition and won numerous innovation and excellence awards. The company also takes part in prestigious international research projects.
The company’s NanoLub® family of EP lubrication applications have won much acclaim, driving cooperation initiatives with partners around the world.
NanoMaterials has in-house R&D and production facilities through which it delivers its products.Back to Top
Range of solutions
NanoMaterials offers a range of products, including:
- End products – NanoLub® branded or white-labeled
- Additive concentrates
- Base nano-powder (for blending by client)
- Custom lubrication solutions for specific demands
Product Development Cooperation Program
NanoMaterials encourages cooperation with application developers for the testing and development of applications based on its unique WS₂ nano-powder. These partnerships have already led to product innovation and the discovery of new opportunities.Back to Top
Licensing and OEM
NanoMaterials offers distributors, refineries and blenders the option of incorporating it’s innovative nano-particles into their own product formulations.
Aftermarket sellers have the option of sourcing packaged, ready to use end-user products under the NanoLub®/ NanoMaterials label or under own label.Back to Top
Meet the Team
- On board since 2013
- MBA, Ben-Gurion university
- B.Sc. Industrial Eng. from The Technion
- Medical devices manufacturing experience
- Vast experience of over 12 years in the IDF logistics command
Dr. Alex Margolin, VP. Operations
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science
- M. Sc. from the Russian University of Chemical Engineering. Specialist in synthesis of inorganic fullerene nanoparticles
- On board since 2006
- 20 scientific papers & patents in the field of explosives and nanotechnology.
- B.A in Economics from The college of management academic studies.
- On board since 2014.
- 7 years of experience in global sales, marketing and general management.
Larissa Drangai, QC Manager & Customer Support
- B.Sc. in Bio-chemistry from the University of Moldova, Kishinev
- On board since 2006
- 12 years’ experience in R&D in various industries
Prof. Reshef Tenne, Chief Scientific Advisor
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Chemistry, Hebrew University
- Head of the Department of Materials and Interfaces at WIS
- Director of the Helen and Milton Kimmel Center for Nanoscale Science
- Holder of the Drake Family Chair in Nanotechnology at WIS
- Written more than 250 scientific articles and granted over 20 patents