“NanoMaterials Ltd.” (Apnano), a cleantech company operating in the field of Nanotechnology, was established in 2002 and after its acquisition in 2013 became a fully owned subsidiary of the leading American company “Nanotech Industrial Solutions, Inc.” (NIS). NanoMaterials specializes in development and production of inorganic, multi-layered nanofullerenes and nanotubes, based on exclusively patented platform technology developed at the Weizmann Institute of Science. These tungsten disulfide (WS2) based nanomaterials opened up new possibilities for developing extreme performance lubricants, coatings and polymer composites. The composition and morphology of these materials create a unique mechanism of friction-induced tribofilm release. The exfoliated nanoparticles attach to working-surfaces, fill in wear crevices and coat working surfaces with a continuous super-lubrication layer. This "surface reconditioning" effect was instrumental in the successful development of NIS’s Corp, award winning NanoLub® family of Extreme Pressure (EP) Anti-Wear (AW) and Anti-Friction (AF) lubrication additives. The Company’s R&D department is involved in extensive research and testing for additional WS2 based applications in the field of lubricants, coatings and polymer composites for such industries as defense, mining and metalworking.Back to Top
NanoMaterials Ltd. is part of Nanotech Industrial Solutions Inc., a US based corporation. NIS’s global corporate office, commercialization R&D lab, manufacturing, blending and packaging facilities are located in Avenel, NJ. Read more…
Meet the Team
Boris Krichevski, General Manager
- On board since 2016
- M.A in management, Russia
- B.A in Economy from Ben-Gurion university
- Vast experience in management and VP positions in Russia and Israel
Dr. Alexander Margolin, C.O.O
- On board since 2006
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science
- M. Sc. from the Russian University of Chemical Engineering. Specialist in synthesis of inorganic fullerene nanoparticles
- 20 scientific papers & patents in the field of explosives and nanotechnology.
- On board since 2014.
- B.A in Economics from The College of Management Academic Studies.
- 12 plus years of experience as an international sales and marketing expert with senior managerial experience at innovative companies. Itsik’s portfolio includes international business development and global strategic management, project budgeting, distributor network management, Joint Ventures & Alliances, and much more.
Prof. Reshef Tenne, Chief Scientific Advisor
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Chemistry, Hebrew University
- Head of the Department of Materials and Interfaces at WIS
- Director of the Helen and Milton Kimmel Center for Nanoscale Science
- Holder of the Drake Family Chair in Nanotechnology at WIS
- Written more than 250 scientific articles and granted over 20 patents
Product Development Cooperation Program
NanoMaterials encourages cooperation with application developers for the testing and development of applications based on its unique WS₂ nano-powder. These partnerships have already led to product innovation and the discovery of new opportunities.Read More...Back to Top