NanoLub® ISO-220EP Industrial Gear Oil
NanoLub® ISO-220EP Industrial Gear Oil is a new generation fully formulated oil based on our proprietary nano-sized inorganic fullerene-like tungsten disulfide (IF-WS2) particles engineered to provide outstanding load-bearing, anti-wear and ultra-low friction. NanoLub® ISO-220EP is a blend of solid IF-WS2 nanoparticles and other high-quality multifunctional lubricant additives dispersed in a premium grade mineral oil designed for heavy industrial enclosed gear systems. NanoLub® ISO-220EP can be used in other extreme gearing applications such as power plants, mining equipment, steel mills and cement plants replacing conventional gear lubricants.
- NanoLub® gear oils are formulated for enclosed industrial gear systems that operate under heavy loads, high impact and intermittent shock loads.
- NanoLub® can be used in industrial systems involving roller bearings, chains, conveyor systems and various heavy loading plain sliding components.
- Oil sands and coal mining industry, cement, steel plants and other heavy industries.
- Provides outstanding ability to work under hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication conditions due to high quality additives, fluid durability and IF-WS₂lubricant film formation.
- Can be used to extended life-time of gears due to the exfoliation and coating of IF-WS2 particles on metal contacts at high loads resulting in reduced part wear and scuffing.
- Significant drop in heat and friction leading to fuel savings in gear systems compared to conventional and other particle-based (e.g. MoS2) industrial gear oils.
- Excellent thermal stability and oxidative stability in combination with high viscosity index provides extended operating temperature range.
- Outstanding protection against rust and corrosion in any harsh environments.
- Excellent water-separation and foam-resistance characteristics.
- Ideal for use in the oil sands and coal mining industry, cement, steel plants and other heavy industries.
NanoLub® is based on NIS’ unique patented technology using solid tungsten disulfide (WS₂) multilayered nano fullerene-like particles. These unique multi-layer IF-WS₂ nano-spheres are well-known to show outstanding temperature (-270 °C to 450 °C), shock (5,076,000 PSI) and pressure (4,263,000 PSI) resistance and renders them to be versatile under extreme operating conditions including high and ultra-low temperatures, high pressure and high vacuum, high load, high rotating speed, high radiation and corrosion conditions.
Due to its size (50-200 nm) and morphology of IF-WS₂ nanoparticles, they easily fill the asperities and irregular surface of the metals providing excellent load bearing and anti-wear properties. Under high loads (>1 GPa), the layers peels from the spheres forming a thin protective monolayer of WS₂ on the surface of the metal thereby reducing friction and wear between the metals.