NanoLub® MFF EP 800 Metal Forming Fluid
This IF-WS₂ nanoparticles based lubricant is specially designed for heavy-duty cold metalworking applications. It is chlorine and boron free with no active sulfur. The special additive package allows excellent anti-wear and ultra-pressure properties to this metal working fluid.
- Wire Drawing of Steel and Stainless Steel
- Steel Broaching
- Heavy-duty Blanking of Steel
- Specially formulated to reduce wear.
- Protects tools, extending their lifetime.
- Should be used in the following processes: Drawing Deep drawing, Stamping.
- Applicable materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper.
- Has excellent ultra-pressure protection, prevents welding of the work pieces.
- Excellent cooling and lubrication involving high quality surface finishes.
- Easily removed, will not stain steel.
- Has a mild non-offensive odor, will not smoke.
NanoLub® is based on NIS’ unique patented technology using solid tungsten disulfide (WS₂) multilayered nano fullerene-like particles. These unique multi-layer IF-WS2 nano-spheres are well-known to show outstanding temperature (-270 °C to 450 °C), shock (5,076,000 PSI) and pressure (4,263,000 PSI) resistance and renders them to be versatile under extreme operating conditions including high and ultra-low temperatures, high pressure and high vacuum, high load, high rotating speed, high radiation and corrosion conditions.
Due to its size (50-200 nm) and morphology of IF-WS₂ nanoparticles, they easily fill the asperities and irregular surface of the metals providing excellent load bearing and anti-wear properties. Under high loads (>1 GPa), the layers peels from the spheres forming a thin protective monolayer of WS₂ on the surface of the metal thereby reducing friction and wear between the metals.